Here are two simple but powerful metaphors for managers.
Be the Lighthouse:
- enable those around you to safely reach their destination
- light the path to the ultimate goal
- keep employees from crashing into obstacles along the way
- guide and encourage others
- be a beacon of safety and security during dark and stormy periods
Be the Forklift:
- lift up your employees as needed
- be a source of strength when there is too much for one person to handle
- help others move forward with their heavy load
This management wisdom comes from Kundalini yoga, Yogi Bhajan and gifted yoga teacher Amy Pickholtz.
What do you think?